Fermented, Organic Maca is a Nutritional SuperFood Powerhouse!
The peoples of the central Andes attribute their ability to work vigorously at high altitudes and their renowned strength and vitality to eating Maca. Maca (Lepidium meyenii) is an edible, parsnip-like tuber.
Maca has often been touted as Peruvian ginseng, owing to the root’s traditional uses for fertility, libido, mental and physical energy, and conditions of menopause, among others. Adaptogens, like Chinese ginseng and Peruvian Maca, are hailed for their ability to reduce the effects stress hormones can have on the body.
Prairie Naturals Organic Maca is fermented to increase bioavailability of the nutrient dense root.
- Grown 12,000 feet above sea level on the Junín Plateau
- Prepared using the sun-drying method
- Harvested with Fair Trade and Socially Responsible methods
- Organically Certified
- Concentrated, double the strength, 2:1 powder
- Sustainably grown
- Enhanced bio-availability
- Traditional Food & Medicine
- Gluten-free & non-GMO
Maca – A Gift from the Gods
Highly-valued traditional food and medicine from South America:
• Used for well over 2,000 years by the natives of the Central Andes
• First cultivated in the Junín Plateau close to Cerro de Pasco
Maca’s cultivation is what makes it Unique!
• Grows naturally between 9,000 to 14,000 ft. above sea level
• The region of Junín Plateau & Pasco has:
• Rocky and volcanic soil
• A dry climate
• Little oxygen
• High levels of solar exposure
• Freezing nighttime temperatures during the summer
Our easy-to-use Fermented, Organic Maca powder provides all the nutritional and health benefits of this renowned superfood along with the digestive benefits provided by fermentation. Grown 12,000 feet above sea level on the Junín Plateau and prepared using the sun-dried method, our naturally fermented Maca is an ideal way to instantly fortify the diet with a high-quality yellow maca powder.
Suggested Use: Mix 2 teaspoon (8.4g) in a hot or cold beverage, a smoothie or add to meals. Organic Maca is the only known source of the fatty acids (macamides and macaenes) as well as a good source of iron.
Ingredients: Fermented, Organic Maca powder.
This product has been sealed for your protection. Do not use if seal is broken. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place.